We Are Creative Commerce Experts
Our team is driven by a single purpose – to create stunning commerce experiences for our customers, every time. We are creative thinkers with a keen eye for detail and developers with a knack for innovative solutions, powered by a lot of coffee and a commitment to our craft that is unrivaled.
As a Front-End Developer at Pointer, you are responsible for coordinating with our Designers to build out high fidelity designs into stunning Shopify sites using best practices for modern web development. The expectation of the developer is to build a viable site that meets the project needs while maintaining usability via multiple browsers and viewports (mobile and desktop). You should have and seek to obtain a high-level understanding of new technologies and trends in commerce development, are aesthetically driven, and value being a key member in an intelligent and multi-disciplined team. This job is based out of our office in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Build out design comps to pixel perfect accuracy
- Ability to write structured, well-organized, and reusable code
- Inspect and troubleshoot bugs and other QA issues
- Stay on top of best practices/trends/tools
- Initiative: Embrace continuous learning and application of new design trends and best practices for modern web development
- Attention to Detail: Ensure that the design for the project is followed and functional
- Collaboration: Work alongside the Designer to ensure attention to original design is upheld and provide feedback if changes are required due to functionality
- Time Management: Respect assigned time parameters so as not to delay project presentation
- Developers are also expected to participate in monthly development meetings to discuss ongoing projects, challenges, and solutions
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 2 years experience in web development or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 years experience using the Shopify platform
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience building mobile-first website in a responsive framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with a design team to build out mockups and wireframes
- Extremely strong attention to details
- Previous experience using version-control tools such as Git/Grunt
- Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails
If you are a creative thinker, a resourceful problem solver, and never one to shy away from a challenge, then we want to hear from you!