We Are Creative Commerce Experts
Our team is driven by a single purpose – to create stunning commerce experiences for our customers, every time. We are creative thinkers with a keen eye for detail and developers with a knack for innovative solutions, powered by a lot of coffee and a commitment to our craft that is unrivalled.
As a Full-stack Developer at Pointer, you are responsible for coordinating with other developers and account managers to build out custom Shopify apps that enhance our stunning sites. The expectation of the developer is to build a viable app that meets the project needs while focusing on the end-user experience and stability. You should have and seek to obtain a high-level understanding of new technologies and trends in commerce development, be detailed driven, and value being a key member in an intelligent and multi-disciplined team. This job is on site in Ottawa.
- Architect, develop and deliver custom Shopify apps based on given requirements
- Work with and produce APIs
- Perform content and data migrations to Shopify
- Ability to write structured, well-organized, and reusable code
- Inspect and troubleshoot bugs and other QA issues
- Stay on top of best practices/trends/tools
- Stay up to date with the recent changes to Shopify’s APIs
- Initiative: Embrace continuous learning and application of new design trends and best practices for modern app development
- Attention to Detail: Ensure that apps meet all functional requirements while maintaining a high level of usability
- Collaboration: Work alongside other developers and designers to ensure attention to the original requirements are upheld and provide feedback if changes are required due to functionality
- Time Management: Respect assigned time parameters so as not to delay project presentation
- Developers are also expected to participate in monthly development meetings to discuss ongoing projects, challenges, and solutions
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 2 years of experience in software or app development or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of modern back-end development techniques (e.g. OOP)
- MySQL, Postgres, or other database management systems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with a design team to build out mockups and wireframes
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Previous experience using version control tools such as Git/Grunt
- Experience integrating with APIs such as Shopify APIs, Google, etc.
- Experience building Shopify Apps
If you are a creative thinker, a resourceful problem solver, and never one to shy away from a challenge, then we want to hear from you!